Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Team Gunn Parker - Articles: DIY Gear

Team Gunn Parker - Articles: DIY Gear: "Articles: DIY Gear
Beer can pot

Last night I made a cooking pot from a one litre beer can."



I cut the top off with a saftey can opener and filled it with two cups of cold water.
My vargo alcohol stove brought the water to a boil in 9:06 min. Not very quick at all and the can felt a little soft to pick up.

I may not use it while camping but it was a little fun.

Andrew

Beer can cooking pot

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I guess weight is an important consideration, but have you considered a steal tin such as canned fruit tin or similar.

    The one in the picture looks like aluminium, as you know, this metal does not hold heat very well and dissipates it very quickly.

    Just wondering if a steel can is more efficient to reduce heating time?

    regards
    kim.

    ReplyDelete